In the early 1900's, Maria
and Dominic Petrocco began farming in Hanna, Wyoming shortly after
their voyage from the region of Abruzzo, Italy. They grew
only enough vegetables to feed their family. When Dominic
Petrocco passed away, his sons Albertand
John were only eight and ten years old. The boys began
working for the farm at this time and later dedicated their entire
lives to helping it grow immensely. Seeking a new farming
location, north Denver became a landing point for the next 30 years as the
responsibilities of the farm were later assumed by
Albert's children. By 1980, the farm comprised
of 1,000 acres, now in Brighton, Colorado and the
surrounding areas. David Petrocco Sr. took ownership of the
business after his father's death in 1985.
Farms now farms on 2,000+ acres of land. Since its
official incorporation in 1985, Petrocco Farms, Inc. has
become locally and nationally renowned, earning the business of several
major national chain stores. We proudly ship our
produce throughout Colorado and other states including Texas,
Louisiana, Missouri, and New Mexico.
One of the first delivery trucks! Check out the date...1969!